BLANDFORD SCHOOLS’ NETWORK
THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN AGREED BY THE HEADTEACHERS OF THE BLANDFORD SCHOOLS’
This school is part of the Blandford Schools’ Network.
The group comprises:
• The Blandford School, for students aged from 11 – 18.
• Bryanston Independent School, for students aged from 13 – 18.
• Knighton House Independent School, for boys and girls aged 3 – 7 and girls 7 – 13.
• Eight primary schools for children from 4 – 11 years:
• Archbishop Wake;
• Blandford St Mary;
The schools aim to offer to all the Blandford area children a rich, inclusive and challenging
education which will enable them to reach their maximum potential as future citizens. To
this end, the schools work in close partnership at all levels through planning and evaluation
meetings, joint teacher and staff development and shared resources. Schools in the
Network communicate and work together on key pastoral issues such as attendance,
behaviour, punctuality and safeguarding.
We offer to our children:
• A happy transition from primary to secondary.
• Continuity and progress in their learning.
• An inclusive curriculum that ensures creativity, breadth and coverage.
• Increasingly, agreed policies and approaches across the schools.
The children in the Blandford Schools’ Network are entitled to attend a school which
provides a safe, secure and orderly environment, safeguarding the rights of teachers to
teach and children to learn. The Network schools are grateful for the support of parents,
carers and the community in reinforcing the schools’ principles at home and in approving
the schools’ actions to ensure good behaviours.