Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice and Information
YoungMinds – It’s understandable for children and adults to feel concerned or anxious about coronavirus. Here are some useful tips to help you support your child during this difficult time. Tips for Parents (PDF)
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline – this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.email@example.com
- Opening hours: 8 am to 6 pm (Monday to Friday)
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home, don’t attend work or school, and click here to book a free corona-virus test.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environments.
Please click here to access a NHS video showing the most effective way of washing your hands